I make my brother a dragon every year for Christmas. I have always used a pattern from other designers, which is definitely not a bad thing. I have wanted to come up with a dragon of my own design, but
designing a doll is much different than designing a dragon, and I thought it would be to difficult. But last fall I decided to give it a try. I must admit it was as difficult as I thought it would be, but after 3 months of designing and redesigning it finally came together and I am so happy with the end results. I looked at a lot of dragon pictures on
the internet to come up with the body, head, wings and legs that I wanted for this dragon. I made the body first and then the legs. I made 3 different legs before I got the shape and size right. I made multiple heads too. I made most of the dragon from white Egyptian cotton fabric. The nostrils, brows and claws are made from Apoxy Sculpt and the eyes and horns are made from light weight sculpey. After all the pieces were attached, I painted the dragon and added a piece of a feathered boa at the end of the tail. The finished dragon is 10" tall and about 10" long so it is not very large.
The purple one is the first one I made and it was the one I gave to my brother.
After Christmas I made the blue one for myself. I hope to make a few more dragon. Hopefully I will be able to sell a few.